We’ve all heard the phrase that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. But sometimes, time isn’t on our side and we rush out of the house without having any breakfast. Not anymore though! Here are some breakfast recipes that you can whip up in just 5 minutes that will leave you feeling energised for the day ahead!
#1 Chocolate Oatmeal Bowl
Who said oatmeal had to be boring? Adding chocolate to this creamy goodness brings about a new level of decadence to this breakfast staple. Plus, who can resist having chocolate at the start of the day? Instant happiness!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 overripe banana
- 1½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice, as desired
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Slice the banana and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Cook uncovered on a stove over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sweeten as desired. Add a few chocolate chips at the end for an extra dose of chocolaty goodness
#2 Fruit and Cheese Skewers
Probably the simplest recipe on this list, this quick combination of your favorite fruits and cheeses is full of fiber and protein. Plus point: make a whole bunch of these skewers beforehand, stick them in the refrigerator, and just grab them on your way out.
- Your favorite fresh fruits (e.g. apples, strawberries, grapes, bananas etc.)
- 1 packet of your favorite firm cheese (e.g. cheddar, gouda, gruyere etc.)
- Slice each fruit into manageable bite-sized pieces
- On wooden skewers, alternately thread the fruits and cheese cubes
- Place skewers in a food storage bag for easy handling when eating on the go
#3 Avocado Toast
Rich and silky avocado, atop golden and cripsy toast – heaven in your mouth! This classic toast is super flavorful and filling, and it is one item you definitely won’t be mad to get out of bed for.
- 2 slices of the bread of choice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast bread until desired toastiness
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado, red pepper flakes and salt + pepper, to taste
- Spread half the mixture on each slice of the toasted bread
#4 Raspberry Apple Smoothie with Bananas
Packed with a whole lot of nutrients in each creamy sip, this refreshing smoothie packs you with a whole lot of punch that will keep you on top of your game! Plus point: it’s impossible to not be happy when you’re looking at that ruby colored drink. Go on, try it.
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 medium-sized bananas
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced (leave the skin on – that’s where the nutrients are!)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients into blender
- Blend for about 90 seconds or until the mixture is smooth
- If required, add more coconut water or ice to achieve thick and creamy consistency
#5 Microwave Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bowl
There are so many variations of egg breakfasts that can be done in under 5 minutes, but our favorite has got to be quick and simpler version of the classic Eggs Florentine. Packed full of protein, fiber and vitamins, this certainly is the breakfast of champions!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Coat coffee cup or ramekin with butter or cooking spray
- Add egg, water, spinach and mushrooms; beat with fork until blended
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir the mixture
- Microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds longer (in 15 second increments), until the egg is set
- Top with cheese and tomatoes, and you’re set!